- Ongoing full-time opportunity
- Responsible for managing and leading a dynamic AV team through the support of over 1000 sites
- Base salary $111,966 + 17% retirement pension
About the Opportunity
The AV team leader is responsible for managing and leading a team of AV Coordinators, AV Support Technicians and AV Support Agents who provide technical support services to staff and students at the University of Sydney . Reporting to the AV Support Manager, the AV team leader is responsible for ensuring excellent customer service and compliance with ICT service commitments.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- lead a team of support specialists in providing professional and reliable support services for a range of audio-visual and related technologies to University staff and students
- provide team leadership and direction to your team, including mentorship, training, personal career development and performance management
- manage day-to-day operations within AV support, including coordinating tasks and allocating resources to routine and project activities
- ensure the efficient and timely handling of service incidents and requests by the audiovisual support team within the framework of ICT service agreements (SLAs)
- monitor and drive customer service excellence in the AV support team, including identifying and contributing to continuous service improvement
- ensure that appropriate measures are taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems with audiovisual systems and services.
- demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team of AV support specialists to provide a professional, reliable and customer-focused support service
- ability to travel within the Sydney metropolitan area and manage shifts on a rotational basis
- advanced technical skills in a range of AV technologies including the Zoom platform, experience installing and configuring devices and software for enterprise environments, network troubleshooting, software and platforms device monitoring and management
- experience in providing expert advice and guidance to a range of stakeholders
- experience using ServiceNow or similar software tools, including creating reports and using performance metrics to inform and manage service delivery
- demonstrated experience in project management or coordinating team activities.
To keep our community safe, please review our COVID Safety Precautions which constitute our entry requirements for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
Australian temporary residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed-term contract for the duration of their visa, depending on hiring area and position requirements.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of any required pre-employment or background checks on terms satisfactory to the University. Likewise, your continued employment is conditional on your satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary action, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a university community that reflects the larger community we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase the participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people living with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
How to register
Applications (including a cover letter, CV and any additional supporting documents) can be submitted through the Apply link at the bottom of the page.
For University employees or casual workers, please log in to your Working day account and navigate to the Career icon on your dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the position, or if you require reasonable accommodation or assistance in completing this application, please contact the HR Services Center on +61 2 9351 2000 or Victoria Ford-Rogers, Recruitment Operations by e-mail to [email protected]
The University reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Click to see the job description for