The Duke of Sussex’s High Court complaint against a Home Office decision not to allow him to pay for police protection for himself and his family while in the UK will have its first hearing on Friday .
Harry wants to bring his visiting children from the US, but he and his family are ‘unable to return home’ as it is too dangerous, a legal representative for the Duke has previously said.
Harry and Meghan lost their taxpayer-funded police protection after stepping down as senior royals in early 2020.
The Duke argues that his private protection team in the United States does not have adequate overseas jurisdiction or access to British intelligence information needed to keep his family safe.
Harry’s bid for a review of the Home Office’s decision was tabled in September.
Friday’s preliminary hearing at the High Court in London is expected to cover the parts of the court documents that can be made public or must remain private.
Harry has previously said he “inherited” a risk by being born into the royal family.
He briefly returned from Los Angeles last year for the July 1 unveiling of the Diana, Princess of Wales memorial statue and the day before, June 30, he met seriously ill children and young people at a WellChild garden party and afternoon tea at Kew Gardens. , West London.
It is understood the Duke’s car was chased by photographers as he drove away.
Harry’s mother Diana died in a car crash after being chased by paparazzi in Paris.
Harry and Meghan’s security arrangement was one of the key issues when the couple announced they wanted to step down in January 2020.
They were later forced to disclose that they had ‘privately funded security arrangements’ in place for their move to the US, after President Donald Trump said his country would not pay for their protection .