Avant-garde deliver the complete package to Call of Duty fans in Campaign, Online Multiplayer and Zombies co-op modes. Players will witness the origins of Special Forces as they change the face of history, forming Task Force One in a sprawling WWII narrative campaign spanning the eastern and western fronts of Europe, the Pacific and from North Africa. Multiplayer offers 20 maps on day one at launch. While Zombies fans will get a signature undead gaming experience, marking a first Zombies crossover for Call of Duty.
Later this year, Avant-garde players will be immersed in a new Call of Duty: War Zone experience with a whole new map, new gameplay and new experiences. Together, it’s the most connected Call of Duty ever, all powered by the next generation Call of Duty engine introduced in Modern war.
It is time to stand up on all fronts.
Activision introduced RICOCHET Anti-Cheat, a robust anti-cheat system backed by a team of dedicated professionals who focus on tackling foul play in Call of Duty: Warzone and Call of Duty: Vanguard.
Cheating in Call of Duty is frustrating for gamers, developers, and the entire community.
Our teams have made great strides in tackling this persistent problem that affects so many people, but we know more needs to be done.
We are proud to present RICOCHET Anti-Cheat, a robust anti-cheat system backed by a team of dedicated professionals focused on fighting foul play.
The RICOCHET Anti-Cheat Initiative is a multi-faceted approach to tackling cheating, with new server-side tools that monitor scans to identify cheating, improved investigation processes to eliminate cheaters, updates to strengthen account security, etc. RICOCHET Anti-Cheat backend anti-cheat security features will be launched in parallel Call of Duty: The Vanguard, and later this year with the upcoming Pacific update Call of Duty: War Zone.
In addition to the server improvements to come with RICOCHET Anti-Cheat is the launch of a new PC kernel-level driver, developed in-house for the Call of Duty franchise, and released first for Call of Duty: War Zone. This driver will help identify cheaters, strengthening and strengthening the overall security of the server. The kernel-level driver launches at the same time as the Pacific update for War zone Later this year.
While the kernel driver, which is only part of RICOCHET Anti-Cheat, will be available on PC, by extension, console players playing cross-play against PC players will also benefit. The kernel-level driver will then be released for Call of Duty: The Vanguard at a later date.
What is RICOCHET Anti-Cheat?
The new anti-cheat security initiative is designed to combat foul play.
Here’s why RICOCHET Anti-Cheat is important:
- A complete anti-cheating system. RICOCHET Anti-Cheat brings a large improvement to the security of Call of Duty, bringing server improvements to Call of Duty: The Vanguard and Call of Duty: War Zone. Launch first in War zone later this year is a new kernel-level driver on PC. The driver will be integrated into Call of Duty: The Vanguard at a later date. The new initiative enables rapid iteration to tackle a sophisticated and evolving problem.
- Call of Duty: War Zone Adds a kernel-level driver. Kernel-level drivers are given a high level of access to monitor and manage software and applications on a PC, such as your PC’s graphics card driver. The pilot element of the RICOCHET Anti-Cheat System will check for software and applications that attempt to interact and manipulate Call of Duty: War Zone, providing the overall security team with more data to strengthen security. Once the kernel-level driver is deployed; it will be needed to play Warzone. For more detailed information on RICOCHET Anti-Cheat and its kernel-level driver, read the dedicated FAQ.
- Protect your privacy. When initially rolling out to Call of Duty: Warzone, the kernel-level driver will only work when playing on PC. The pilot is not always on. The software turns on at startup Call of Duty: War Zone and turns off when you close the game. Additionally, the kernel-level driver only monitors and reports Call of Duty related activity.
- Feedback and transparency are crucial. You are also a vital part of our quest to fight cheating. So please continue to report issues in the game, allowing the RICOCHET Anti-Cheat team to adapt all tools to fight cheaters.
How the kernel-level driver works
The PC Kernel Level Driver as part of the RICOCHET Anti-Cheat System monitors software or applications that attempt to interact with it. Call of Duty: War Zone.
The pilot will help the RICOCHET Anti-Cheat team learn about suspicious behavior, using this data to strengthen overall anti-cheat security over time.
Ensuring player privacy is extremely important, and the prospect of a kernel-level pilot may give some gamers pause. With these concerns in mind, here is how your privacy will not be affected with RICOCHET Anti-Cheat:
- RICOCET anti-cheat kernel-level driver works ONLY while reading Call of Duty: War Zone on PC.
- RICOCET anti-cheat the pilot is not always activated.
- RICOCET anti-cheat driver monitors software and applications that interact with Call of Duty: War Zone.
- When you stop Call of Duty: War Zone, the driver switches off.
Tests for the new driver have been carried out to ensure system stability on a wide range of PCs. The RICOCHET Anti-Cheat team is committed to continuing testing and iterations after launch.
Reporting players will remain an essential part of all anti-cheat measures, so it is important that players continue to report suspicious behavior they encounter online.
Another layer in the fight against cheaters is the scalable use of machine learning (ML). ML algorithms examine server game data, help identify trends in suspicious behavior, and add another layer of security as part of the overall RICOCHET Anti-Cheat initiative.
An essential part of security is making sure that your own account is protected. Two-factor authentication is extremely important for the security of your account. We strongly recommend two-factor authentication for Call of Duty, sign in to your account and learn how to enable two-factor authentication.
When launching RICOCHET Anti-Cheat, we intend to amplify its arrival, both in-game and by using our communication channels – our blog, social media and other forms of outreach – to keep everyone informed.
The commitment of the RICOCHET Anti-Cheat team is the relentless pursuit of fair play, which combats the sophisticated problem of cheating. We are dedicated and determined to evolve the RICOCHET Anti-Cheat System over time, fighting for the community against those who aim to ruin their gaming experience.
- Epic campaign spanning four major WWII theaters
- Experience pivotal WWII battles through the untold stories of the multinational heroes who formed Task Force One, changing the face of history and setting the stage for Special Forces as we know them
- Development led by award-winning studio Sledgehammer Games, Call of Duty: The Vanguard Plunges players into an epic World War II ladder, where they will experience combat through the eyes of the original Special Forces operators on four major WWII theaters
- The deeply engaging solo narrative features a select multinational group of four soldiers from diverse backgrounds, who rise together in battle to turn the tide of war
- Vanguard uses the next generation Call of Duty engine introduced with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare to deliver breathtaking visual fidelity, photo realistic world, lifelike characters and optimized performance that enhance gameplay for advanced gaming Call of Duty to live.
- An unrivaled multiplayer offer
- Massive Day 1 multiplayer offer with 20 multiplayer maps at launch, including 16 base multiplayer
- Discover iconic Call of Duty battles and new ways to play with fast paced combat and responsive game environments.
- The tactical shooter, the return of Gunsmith, new custom ballistics and responsive environments
- Fast-paced and frenzied Champion Hill mode features a series of tournament-style head-to-head matches, where players can play solo (1v1) or team-up (2v2) and trios (3v3) to compete against each other in an arena made up of four maps to be the last team standing
- Treyarch Zombies!
- From Zombies’ birthplace, Treyarch helps deliver a franchise first Call of Duty Zombie Crossover as Avant-garde connects with the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold WarA zombie story offering a new connection for Call of Dutyplayers
- Players will be able to survive the relentless onslaught of the living dead in an all-new spooky zombie experience, developed by Treyarch Studios
- Provides continuity from a lore perspective while innovating on the core gameplay loop
- War zone integration
- Raven Studios is leading the development of All-NewCall of Duty: War Zone card coming this year
- Will feature a new, multi-faceted anti-cheat system throughout War zone
- Shares the same technology as Vanguard for seamless integration of weapons and operators
After launch,Avant-gardetogether withWar zonewill offer a massive calendar of free post-launch content including new maps, modes, playlists, limited-time events and seasonal events, as well as community celebrations and more.
The Battle Pass system is also returning, allowing you to unlock post-launch content with unified progression in both Call of Duty: Vanguard and Call of Duty: Warzone. As always, you can unlock items like basic weapons, customization items, and more, just by playing the game.
Call of Duty: The Vanguard is slated for release on PS5, PS4, XboxSeries X|S,Xbox one,and PC via Battle.net starting November 5, 2021. Call of Duty: War ZoneThe new experience will be released later this year.
More articles on Call Of Duty: Vanguard